This is my absolute favorite go-to smoothie bowl. I eat it for breakfast after an intense workout, for dinner when I’m feeling bloated and need something calming, and just for a snack between meals. This creamy, thick, refreshing bowl is satisfying every time!
Berry Cashew Smoothie
- 1 cup steamed then frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup organic frozen blueberries
- 1 tbs Artisana Organic’s Cashew Butter
- 1 tbs Eating Evolved Coconut Butter
- 1 tbs Trader Joes Hemp Seed
- 1 tbs ground flax
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1 scoop plant based vanilla protein
- Few shakes of cinnamon and ginger
- 1 c almond milk (sometimes I do 1/2 water 1/2 almond milk)
- Blend in high powered blender for 2 minutes
- *topped it off with cocoa nibs, unsweetened coconut flakes, and chia seeds and Shazam!
One of my favorite forms of movement is indoor cycling. I usually cycle with a group of friends several times a week at Equinox. It’s like a friend hang, dance party, and workout all in one – perfection. I recently became a fitness instructor, myself. Part of my journey to find my own coaching style has been bouncing around to different gyms, cycle studios, and boutique fitness centers in DC. Paying specific attention to each instructor’s unique style has been particularly interesting. Last week, I had the pleasure of riding at SoulCycle with guest instructor, Angela Davis (former USA track and field athlete). It was INCREDIBLE – Thanks Clare!!!
Something she said stuck with me – “I’ve not always been the women I was called, created, and intended to be.” I just love that. For most of us, it’s a journey to find our calling in life. However, there is not a single reason why you can’t try on everything and feel amazing doing it.
Here’s what I was thinking immediately after riding with Angela:
Inspired and energized AF from the 45 minutes I gave to myself, today. I’m lucky enough to have an A team to sweat with every week – they make it EASY to buy-in every damn time.
Thank you @shapeangela for reminding us that opportunity is just waiting for someone to step the F up and take it. We’re all challenged and tested. We all have shit thrown our way that is HARD. But there aren’t any mistakes in this life. Nothing about the way we were made or the life we’re in is on accident. Today, put every single turn on that you deserve, and lean in to your own damn hill
Meal prepping is my favorite thing I do for myself at the beginning of each week. I feel SO productive and know that I’m setting myself up for healthy and low-stress week (because all my meals are pretty much already cooked). It’s easier to make healthy choices while your setting intention for the week as opposed to tempting yourself with so many foods choices as you take it day by day. Consider committing to one main protein and getting creative in how you incorporate into different meals e.g.. tacos, omelets, salads, avo toast
Big Fat Organic Chicken
- Snag a locally sourced, free range chicken
- lay over celery onion and carrots for extra flavor
- cover in ghee (clarified butter)
- stuff with two lemons halved, 4 rosemary springs, and a few cloves of garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- cook at 450 for 50 minutes or to internal temp of 165 degrees
Bon appetite ❤️
It’s 2017 my lovely friends…obviously. What I mean by that is it’s 2017! We’ve learned that minimizing preservatives and making things yourself is almost ALWAYS a good idea. We don’t need to buy our nut milk in a carton, anymore. I totally understand some people buy a gallon at a time if you’re feeding a whole family – but for me, that’s not the case. Homemade nut milk has fewer ingredients, no preservatives, 100x more delicious, and simply satisfying to make. All you need is THREE things – 1. nut of choice 2. water 3. blender
YOU GOT THIS
Homemade Almond Milk
- Step 1: Soak 1 c almonds in water overnight or 6-8 hours
- Step 2: Rinse almonds and put in blender with 4 cups filtered water – blend in high powered blender for 2 minutes
- Step 3: Over a bowl, pour almond+water mixture into nut bag and strain out the liquid
- Step 4: Pour strained almond milk back into blender with your choice of flavorings for 1 more minute * I love 1 vanilla bean or tsp vanilla extract, 2 pitted dates, and 1 tsp sea salt
Enjoy in your morning matcha, latte, or smoothie. My personal fav is in the evening with an Amaranth GF V brownie…mmm!
*I use this nut bag from amazon but you could use a t-shirt or cheese cloth just as easily https://www.amazon.com/…/B00…/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00…
Would love to see your final products! Tag @take_kara_yourself and #takekarayourself on IG