Meal prepping is my favorite thing I do for myself at the beginning of each week. I feel SO productive and know that I’m setting myself up for healthy and low-stress week (because all my meals are pretty much already cooked). It’s easier to make healthy choices while your setting intention for the week as opposed to tempting yourself with so many foods choices as you take it day by day. Consider committing to one main protein and getting creative in how you incorporate into different meals e.g.. tacos, omelets, salads, avo toast
Big Fat Organic Chicken
- Snag a locally sourced, free range chicken
- lay over celery onion and carrots for extra flavor
- cover in ghee (clarified butter)
- stuff with two lemons halved, 4 rosemary springs, and a few cloves of garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- cook at 450 for 50 minutes or to internal temp of 165 degrees
Bon appetite ❤️
It’s 2017 my lovely friends…obviously. What I mean by that is it’s 2017! We’ve learned that minimizing preservatives and making things yourself is almost ALWAYS a good idea. We don’t need to buy our nut milk in a carton, anymore. I totally understand some people buy a gallon at a time if you’re feeding a whole family – but for me, that’s not the case. Homemade nut milk has fewer ingredients, no preservatives, 100x more delicious, and simply satisfying to make. All you need is THREE things – 1. nut of choice 2. water 3. blender
YOU GOT THIS
Homemade Almond Milk
- Step 1: Soak 1 c almonds in water overnight or 6-8 hours
- Step 2: Rinse almonds and put in blender with 4 cups filtered water – blend in high powered blender for 2 minutes
- Step 3: Over a bowl, pour almond+water mixture into nut bag and strain out the liquid
- Step 4: Pour strained almond milk back into blender with your choice of flavorings for 1 more minute * I love 1 vanilla bean or tsp vanilla extract, 2 pitted dates, and 1 tsp sea salt
Enjoy in your morning matcha, latte, or smoothie. My personal fav is in the evening with an Amaranth GF V brownie…mmm!
*I use this nut bag from amazon but you could use a t-shirt or cheese cloth just as easily https://www.amazon.com/…/B00…/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00…
Would love to see your final products! Tag @take_kara_yourself and #takekarayourself on IG
Routines are everything to me. They keep me level headed, intentional, and productive. Knowing the first thing I’m going to do in the morning (make a matcha latte) is comforting. Everyone’s routine means something different, of course. Mine represents the time I take for myself before I do anything else in the day.
If you’re someone who presses snooze 8 times and rolls out of bed with just enough time to dress, grab a granola bar, and MAYBE brush your teeth…let’s chat. Consider waking up 20 minutes earlier. 20 minutes of intentional self care could be the difference between a day where you’re just trying to stay afloat and a day where you are in control.
It’s true, finding a balance of routine and ‘winging it’ is key. I try not to get so tied to my routines that I’m upset or anxious if something comes up. It’s OK and oh so important to take time for yourself – preferably at the beginning of every day, to reflect, set intentions, and envision the way you will walk (or twerk) through your day.
If you’re a matcha person – give this recipe a try tomorrow morning!
- Combine the water and almond milk and bring to a light boil
- Add in remaining ingredients
- Blend on high for 1 minute
- Serve and enjoy! Makes 1 latte