Routines are everything to me. They keep me level headed, intentional, and productive. Knowing the first thing I’m going to do in the morning (make a matcha latte) is comforting. Everyone’s routine means something different, of course. Mine represents the time I take for myself before I do anything else in the day.
If you’re someone who presses snooze 8 times and rolls out of bed with just enough time to dress, grab a granola bar, and MAYBE brush your teeth…let’s chat. Consider waking up 20 minutes earlier. 20 minutes of intentional self care could be the difference between a day where you’re just trying to stay afloat and a day where you are in control.
It’s true, finding a balance of routine and ‘winging it’ is key. I try not to get so tied to my routines that I’m upset or anxious if something comes up. It’s OK and oh so important to take time for yourself – preferably at the beginning of every day, to reflect, set intentions, and envision the way you will walk (or twerk) through your day.
If you’re a matcha person – give this recipe a try tomorrow morning!
- 1/2 c filtered water
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 1 tsp ceremonial grade MatchaBar Matcha
- 1 tbs Eating Evolved Coconut Butter
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen
- 1 tsp cinnamon + ground ginger
- honey or agave to sweeten
- Combine the water and almond milk and bring to a light boil
- Add in remaining ingredients
- Blend on high for 1 minute
- Serve and enjoy! Makes 1 latte